Families of Bethany
Families of Bethany is a ministry offered by the Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary to families as a place of growth in Catholic life through spiritual and human formation, sharing and friendship. Families of Bethany is established on three pillars:
- Friendship with Jesus lived with gratitude out of his love for us and the joy of knowing that listening to him is the one thing we need. Our friendship with Christ is expressed in a rule of life as individuals and as families.
- A common path walked with other families and expressed through shared activities that help us leave our loneliness and mature in our friendship with Jesus.
- A mission: Each one of us is called to communicate to others the delight of Jesus’ friendship.
Families of Bethany is organized into three branches:
- Cana for couples. At the marriage feast at Cana, Jesus helped the young couple and sanctified human love. He desires to help and sanctify us as couples today.
- Emmaus for young adults (high school and older). As teenagers begin their journey from home and leave their original community, Jesus approaches them on their way as he once appeared to the two disciples on the road to Emmaus.
- Nazareth for children and youth (elementary and middle school). Nazareth reminds us of the childhood of Jesus where he grew in virtues and maturity and draws us to help our children mature in Christ as well.
The Families of Bethany ministry is active at St. Mary Parish, Littleton, CO and in Spain.
The pillars of the spirituality of Families of Bethany are developed in the book Betania: una casa para el amigo. Pilares de espiritualidad familiar.