Aware of the importance of education in the life of every single person, the Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary have designed the educational plan “Stella Maris.”
This plan is built upon three pillars:
- The vocational character of teaching: the teacher recognizes his vocation as something beyond just a matter of personal preference; instead it is God’s call to participate in his paternity, introducing the student into a life that is good, plentiful, fulfilled, and accompanying him as the student grows in this life.
- A particular attention to the relationships that are essential to the person: the teacher is tasked with the mission to guard the mystery of these relationships that interweave the life and being of the child. It is in the encounter with others where the person will flourish. For this reason, we seek that children become good friends, good professionals, good sons and daughters.
- Education in virtues: the teacher educates in virtues and not just in values. In the latter, for example, a child would be able to appreciate, and rightly so, the beauty of a concert. An education in virtues intends to go beyond this, teaching the person to be an instrumentalist in the orchestra, that he will be capable to play with geniality his own instrument.
In the United States, we work in two schools where we also introduce our pedagogy so that the children can grow according to the promises God has placed in them.
- St. Mary's Catholic School in Littleton (Colorado, USA) since 2007.
Address: 6833 South Prince Street, Littleton, CO 80120, USA.
Website: St. Mary's Catholic School
- Mater Salvatoris College Prep. School in Stamford, (Connecticut, USA) with the Sisters of the Company of the Savior.
Address: 926 Newfield Avenue, Stamford, CT 06905, USA.
Stella Maris, from the Latin Star of the Sea, is the ancient title held by Mary, mother of Jesus, as guide and protector of those who travel on the exciting journey through the sea of life.
Human life is a journey, but... towards what goal? How can we find this journey? Life is like a journey on the sea of history, often dark and stormy, a journey in which we scrutinize the stars that show us the way.
"The true stars of our life are the people". This is how Benedict XVI expressed it (Spe salvi 49). Mary becomes the true star that shines illuminating the greatest and most beautiful horizon. Star in Latin is stella, and also sidera. The latter is part of another word: desiderium (desire). Desires are born when they find a star. And they are oriented when the stars point out a route. Like the magi, children will be able to see a star because others, parents, teachers and religious, will help them interpret it and accompany them on their life's journey.
As the name of our educational institution defines, the objective of Stella Maris College is to guide students on the exciting journey through the sea of life towards the stars of their desires.
- Stella Maris La Gavia: was founded in 2011 and is a coeducational charter school located in the south of Madrid.
Address: Calle Peñaranda de Bracamonte 9B, 28051, Madrid, Spain.
Website: Stella Maris La Gavia
- Stella Maris College & Prep. School in Valdemarín, in the northern part of Madrid. It is a private bilingual school for boys. It was born in alliance with the neighboring school Mater Salvatoris run by the nuns of the Company of the Savior.
Address: Calle Valdesquí 16, 28023, Madrid, Spain.
Website: Stella Maris College & Prep. School